Home » I Have No Emotions

I Have No Emotions

From the U.K.: I seem to have no emotions i don’t care what people think of me and will do anything without thinking. I met this lad yesterday and within 5 minutes i was getting with him. I find it very difficult to show any emotions to anyone. I don’t really care if they the people I’m getting with have a girlfriend because i will go with anyone.

I seem to not be able to make any relationships work and i have never been attached or loved anyone. I feel like this is preventing me from forming relationships because i cant seem to stay loyal either i will always end cheating no matter how much i seem to like them. I lie constantly and will keep lying even if the other person knows the truth. I lie about the simplest and complex of things just because i can.

I Have No Emotions

A.

I’m very glad you wrote. At 20, you are young enough and still flexible enough to put a stop to these behaviors and to put a more positive lifestyle in motion.

There are a number of reasons why someone like yourself might compulsively lie and use other people. I don’t have the information about your life I would need to make sense of it in your case. But a therapist will.

If you really want to change (and I hope you do), please make an appointment with a counselor who can spend the time to get to know your whole story and help you understand yourself. With encouragement and support, you can tap into your buried emotions and discover ways to feel safe without manipulating others.

I Have No Emotions