From the U.S.: Sometimes I get angry, and it just gets real bad. The only one who has seen me get this mad and not run away is my husband. I don’t know what I react the way I do, I don’t have an excuse. It’s just when I get angry there’s no stopping this mood. I don’t know what to do, why I do this. I need to figure out if I have some mental disorder. I feel like that can only explain why I am the way I am.

A: I don’t know if you have a mental disorder. I do know you have a serious problem with anger management. I also know that if you don’t fix this, you will lose friends and could even eventually drive your husband away. I’m glad you’ve made the difficult decision to deal with whatever is causing your inability to control yourself when you get mad. That’s the first step. Now, for your own sake and the sake of those who care about you, take the next step and get the help you need.

Please. Find an anger management program and/or a therapist who has experience with the issue. You are only in your 20s. It’s not too late to get your anger under control and to learn more productive and reasonable ways to deal with conflict. Some hard work now will help you have a happier and healthier life.