Home » I Can’t Remember Even Though I’m Intelligent

I Can’t Remember Even Though I’m Intelligent

From Serbia: I’m a great student, i can UNDERSTAND and learn pretty much anything at university classes, but for example when i talk to someone and he tells me an interesting story, when i try to remember it and retell it to someone else, i realize that i dont remember the concept of the story not just some details. I dont see that anyone of my friends have problem with that. Those are simple stories that anyone can easyly remember. I dont know is that because i am just NOT smart or i became so forgettable. None of that is good for me, but just i would like u to tell me possible reasons for that. Dont need to specify and say-well it sure because of that, i know u cannot say that.
Thank u anyway.

A.

People can be smart in some ways and not so smart in other ways. It seems that within the structure of school and academic learning, you are able to remember and learn. But in social situations you freeze up. I don’t think this is a memory problem. I have a guess that it is more a problem of being comfortable in a social setting. If we were talking together, I’d want to explore whether you have some social anxiety that is blocking your ability to comfortably interact with others. Since I can’t do that, I encourage you to talk to a counselor who can.