Home » Strong Urge to Expose Myself to Counselor

Strong Urge to Expose Myself to Counselor

From the U.S.: I have a very strong urge to expose my backside in panties to my counselor. I feel it will help me but, I don’t want to get thrown out of therapy or arrested for doing it. This is what I am getting treatment for and the urges are really overpowering. I want help very badly. If I do make a mistake, what will the counselor do to me?

This problem has been with me for many years and it all started with childhood beatings on a regular basis. Not enough room to tell all of the horror stories I’ve endured. Your reply is greatly appreciated. Please help. Have been seeing this counselor for about 10 weeks now. She has been very helpful to me. Thank you very very much.

A.

Instead of acting out, talk it out. This is material for your therapy. Counselors are rarely shocked by such revelations. We deal with people’s secrets and fears all the time. You say your counselor has already been helpful to you. That suggests that she will handle your story with tact. She is likely to be able to help you make sense of the urge and find other ways to handle your distress.