Home » Depression » I Don’t Know, Maybe I’m Depressed

I Don’t Know, Maybe I’m Depressed

So I’m not really sure what’s wrong with me but I know something is not right. I just feel numb. The things that I used to be excited about or enjoyed doing have no effect on me. I used to be a straight A student but now my grades are tanking and I just. don’t. care. I can’t focus for longer then three minutes and I can’t even read the work I’m supposed to be doing. I feel detached when I hangout with my boyfriend. I have no friends and have no desire to reach out to people. I’ve felt like this for almost two years now. I used to be able to fake it but now I’m just too tired. I’m not even sad anymore. I just feel like I either have no emotion or I can’t express it. I want to do something to feel something again but I can’t. I feel trapped and suffocated but at the same time detached. I just don’t know what to do. I’m not one to whine about my problems because I know people have it worse then me but I can’t push down my feelings anymore. I can’t ignore them. What’s wrong with me?

I Don’t Know, Maybe I’m Depressed

A.

Thanks for checking in on this with us. If it has been going on for two years then it is time to check things out. It could be physical or psychological. So I would begin by getting a physical to rule out anything that might be going on with your body. Changes can happen in subtle ways that affect us and your physician can help check that out. If that doesn’t give you information that is helpful you will want to talk to a therapist. He or she can help you determine what’s going on — and more importantly — what to do about it.

I Don’t Know, Maybe I’m Depressed