Home » Parenting » Fear of Family Death

Fear of Family Death

Recently something tragic happened in my town that involved one woman getting shot and the criminal dying to escape after he was on the loose for a few days. Something like this never happened in my town and it got me scared and thinking especially about my family. This event got me thinking about what would I do when and if members of my family will start dying. I have this though in the back of my head for weeks now and its making me really depressed. I depend a lot on my family and I don’t know what I would do without them. I don’t even know why I think about this but once in my head I cannot get it out, it’s really affecting me. How can I stop thinking about this and get it out of my head? I spoke to someone about this and it made me feel better but it doesn’t last, whenever I see something that brings the thought of my family I start thinking about this again, the more I do it the more depressed I get. (From Budapest)

Fear of Family Death

A.

It is not uncommon when something disastrous happens in a town or city that the entire area is affected emotionally. I’m sorry you are experiencing this and think it would be a good idea to look for a clinic or therapist. When a traumatic event has occurred, it can trigger a wide variety of fears. Talking about it with a professional will help.

Fear of Family Death