Home » Refusal of Services

Refusal of Services

The doctors at my hospital are really wanting me to go to therapy (so much to the point that they tried to force me the first time), but I don’t want anything to do with it. They (the hospital) called the police on me the first time I didn’t show up, but on the second and third time they didn’t do anything. Fast forward about a few months, I get warnings that they are releasing me from the outpatient program and that my psychiatrist is releasing me as a patient as well. I stopped taking the drugs because they did nothing (nothing happened after I stopped either) and now my insurance is sending me a bunch of stuff — therapy stuff.

1.) Is the hospital going to do anything that I should be aware of?
2.) Is my insurance going to be suspicious if I don’t show up for any of the 60 hours they registered me for?
3.) And can I still claim depression for disability purposes (for school) even though they closed my file?

Refusal of Services

A.

Thank you for your email and your important questions. All of these are legal rather than psychological questions. My advice would be to talk to the legal aid society in your area.

Refusal of Services