Home » Disorders » Sleep » Emotionless Thinking and Insomnia

Emotionless Thinking and Insomnia

From a teen in the U.K.: Lately, I’ve been experiencing some kind of change around me. I’ve been losing emotions to everything. I know I can feel because I do cry etc, it’s just that hobbies, people, as well as places that made me feel a certain way, are starting to not make me react at all. I’m an introvert person and I don’t like speaking to people about my problems. I’ve also been lacking a lot of sleep for the last couple of months, sleeping 1-4 hours a night, most of the time 2 hours… could it be something to do with my mental health?

Emotionless Thinking and Insomnia

A.

Oh my! Getting so little sleep, especially at your age, absolutely has a great deal to do with your mental health. You need 8 – 9 hours per night, not 2. Research it on the Internet. You’ll find that people who are as sleep deprived as you are often experience depression and anxiety as well as problems with concentration, attention, problem-solving and judgment. This will make it difficult for you to do well in school and in relationships. Some people even have hallucinations.

If that weren’t enough, lack of enough sleep also interferes with your growth at your age and causes significant health problems. 90% of people with insomnia also have health problems including heart disease, obesity, stroke and diabetes. And there’s more. Lack of sleep also leads of accidents, injury and even early death.

Ironically, people who don’t sleep enough even have poor judgement about their lack of sleep. They often don’t understand what it is doing to them.

Please. See your doctor right away for an evaluation of why you are getting so little sleep — and what to do about it!

Emotionless Thinking and Insomnia