Home » Disorders » Eating Disorders » Paranoid if My Mother Cheating

Paranoid if My Mother Cheating

Hi. Last year, I became totally paranoid about my mother, if she’s cheating on my dad. That all started with a intimate happy new year wish text of a friend of my dad. I was suffering from paranoid for 3 months though I didn’t have any, any clues expect them texting and my mother deleting his texts. (which just happened 3 times) Then I talked to my mother and found out how silly I were. I was so ashamed of my paranoia.
It ended there but a few days ago me and my mom were on a trip and she bought a box of a not special cookie. She didn’t mention for who she bought that and when I told here these cookies are not delicious, she told me they’re fine to bring to work for colleagues. (I also remember earlier she has told me that she has to buy these, and I’m not sure if she mentioned that sb asked her to buy them for him/her or not) When packing, she also kept the store’s bag. and that was when I remembered she didn’t want her colleagues to know she was on a trip. The paranoia started. It couldn’t be for the colleagues. All of the terrible feelings from last year came rushing to my head. Does she have a secret friend? She didn’t buy anything worthy (but she did buy some expensive gifts for my father) but the idea of my mom buying a gift for a man had made me desperate since we’re back.
I also suffer from anxiety and in the last year and 2 years ago I’ve became really paranoid, about being pregnant without penetration, about my boyfriend cheating and about my mom cheating, and all were false.
I don’t know what to do. I don’t know if I’m right about being paranoid and should do something about my mom, or I’m sick. Please help me.

Paranoid if My Mother Cheating

A.

The fact that these feelings are spread out over time and different people indicates that it may be time for an evaluation to figure out what’s going on. If these were isolated incidents without a theme we might look at each one individually. But it sounds as if you’ve become aware that in spite of the evidence you are still having these feelings. I’ll recommend two things. The first is in an evaluation by an outside observer. You don’t want to keep looking for validation from your close connections. This means talking to a professional therapist about these concerns. The find help tab at the top of the page can help you find someone in your area. The second is to pick up a book called The Resilience Factor. This book can help you identify ways to challenge your own thoughts, which may be helpful.

Paranoid if My Mother Cheating