Home » Ask the Therapist » I Really Like a Guy Who Ignores Me

I Really Like a Guy Who Ignores Me

From India: I really like a guy. But he ignored me and I later drunk texted him that I am over him. The thing is that I still like this guy and his ignorance hurts me more than anything else.

What do I do to get him talk to me? I really want this pain to end. I would do anything in this world to get him talk to me. What should I do? I am ready to do anything in this world to get him talk to me. I am ready to hurt myself if he would talk to me. Anything in this world would do. I hate the pain when he ignores me.What should I do?

I Really Like a Guy Who Ignores Me

A.

This guy may be wonderful, but he probably isn’t the guy for you. If you interested him, he would not have ignored you. Texting him drunk probably pushed him even further away. What you need to do is give this up.

I suspect that obsessing about this guy serves a purpose. Maybe you are nervous about meeting men and this fantasy helps you avoid the task. Or maybe your self-esteem is suffering and you don’t think you have what it takes to attract someone who is equally attracted to you. Or it might be something else.

Please try to figure out what problem thinking about this man helps you solve. If you can’t do it on your own, please make an appointment with a therapist to help you get over the relationship-that-isn’t so you can make a real one.

You deserve to be loved by someone who will love you generously and sweetly and without games. Don’t settle for anything less.

I Really Like a Guy Who Ignores Me