Home » Library » Two of My Best Friends Said They No Longer Want to Be Friends with Me Anymore

Two of My Best Friends Said They No Longer Want to Be Friends with Me Anymore

My 2 best friends have been ignoring me for the past 4 weeks and I just spoke to both of them. They both said they don’t want to be friends anymore. This all started because they thought I was around them too much. One friend even said that dealing with me is stressful and bad for her health. I’m currently on the floor crying because I did nothing to deserve this and we were all fine the day before. I simply hung out with one friend after school twice and she got annoyed with me and wanted to be alone yet didn’t tell me. So in 30 minutes of speaking with both of them, I have lost 2 of my closest friends. Also we all have the same friends because we are all in the same friend group.

A: I am so sorry to hear that your friends are treating you so poorly. I know how devastating it can feel when the people in our life change for no apparent reason. I wouldn’t try to change their opinion or get more information. Instead I would keep developing the other friendships you have, and put your effort into developing new ones. Your profile says that you are in 9th grade, and by the sound of it this is the first time you’ve been hurt in this way. One of the lessons in life that most of us have to learn is how to walk away from situations that come out of the blue, don’t make a lot of sense, and have hurt us. By putting your effort into current and future friendships you will be learning how to not to lose yourself when others treat you badly.