Home » Mum Controlling My Life

Mum Controlling My Life

Please help me I need advice. My mother has been so controlling since grade school from my daily conversations with friends to what I wear and where I should go. She has always made me feel worthless and so I have suffered with depression and social isolation for so long. I finally applied to a university abroad and just got accepted but am very scared of what she might think. Just need advice on how to handle this sort of situation.(From New Guinea)

Mum Controlling My Life

A.

Don’t spend the rest of your life worrying about what your mother thinks. No matter what you’ve done she hasn’t approved, and you’ve been miserable. Trying to do what your mother wants will continue the feelings of worthlessness, depression and social isolation. Take the university offer and as soon as you get to campus talk to the people at the counseling center. They will be able to help you individuate from your mother’s clutch.

Mum Controlling My Life