Home » Disorders » Depression » I’m Very Depressed, and Not Optimistic as I Used to Be

I’m Very Depressed, and Not Optimistic as I Used to Be

I’m studying in the second year at the university. When I was in the first year, I was very optimistic and happy. Then after entering the second year, there are more works to do. But I can handle it without a problem. However, my colleagues cannot adapt to their responsibility and get mad to each other. They always shout in my face about childlike problems. That environment turned me in to a depressed and pessimistic person. I sometimes cry alone in my room with depression and go to study with a displeased face. What should I do? Things are worse than I can explain. Thank you.

A.

You should limit the time you spend with your colleagues. It seems that they might be the source of your problems. You seemed fine until you started spending more time with them.

You could also try telling your colleagues how you feel. They may be unaware of how their behavior is affecting you. Even if you do bring it to their attention, they may not care to change. That’s why limiting your time with them might be necessary.

If you continue to struggle, try counseling. You could learn how to set personal boundaries with difficult or challenging people. It could also provide emotional support and guidance for problem-solving. Please take care.