Home » Scared by My Thoughts

Scared by My Thoughts

Hi! , i was looking for a job and i found one for being a nanny. in the website company it say that you have to take a psychological test, and i started to think about if i’ll ever hurt a toddler or if i am a pedophile. and im really concerned, i feel really disgusted, guilty for thinking that, and i dont know how to shake of that feeling, i really like kids, i want (eventually) have one of my own and i feel really bad because i have this thoughts , i know that im not a bad person, but i dont want to think this anymore.

Scared by My Thoughts

A.

The problem might be anxiety. There is a specific type of anxiety disorder called pedophile OCD. It is not an official diagnosis, but researchers have noticed that some individuals have a strong fear of harming a child and become obsessed with it. These individuals don’t trust themselves around children despite there being no evidence to suggest that they are a danger to children. These thoughts often lead to significant distress in their lives.

I would highly recommend counseling. It is especially important to be proactive with treatment when it comes to anxiety disorders. Untreated anxiety disorders tend to become worse over time. It’s best to get help now while the problem is minimal. The sooner you can begin treatment, the sooner you can remove this anxiety from your life. You will find great relief with treatment. Please take care.

Scared by My Thoughts