Home » Am I Delusional?

Am I Delusional?

From a teen in the U.S.: I don’t know if I’m delusional or a genius. I go through these stages where I have these weird thoughts. Like a few days ago, I convinced myself I was bipolar even though I’ve never had a manic episode or anything close, but I thought I had. I also convinced myself I was autistic, had OCD, and was schizophrenic, schizotypal or schizoid. Now I’m convinced I’m delusional. But that could just be a delusional? But then if it was a delusion I wouldn’t be delusional. It just has my mind in such a twist.

I think so much. I used to have all these weird thoughts about the government poisoning my water, chakras, conspiracies, so many things. I don’t believe those things quite as much now. I was convinced Michael Jackson was alive and in disguise. I was convinced astrology was real, and I thought everyone’s birth chart unlocked a deep part of them. I was so sure.

I don’t believe that anymore but I still get into instances when I do. I think I’m special a lot. I actually know I’m special but won’t tell anyone cause they’ll think I’m narcissistic. I watch these people with schizophrenia and see myself in them, in some weird way. I think that schizophrenics have a secret knowledge about the world and that drugs make them dumber.

I lied about my age and location cause I don’t want people to find me on here. I just got afraid that you’d figure out who I am and call the psych ward in my location. I know that’s irrational, but I thought it for a split second. I’m also afraid of anyone finding my account on here. I don’t know if I’m paranoid or imagining that I’m paranoid which makes me paranoid. I dissociate a lot. I can make myself dissociate by just thinking about it.

What do you think? Am I crazy?

Am I Delusional?

A.

For the record: No, we can’t identify you. So please relax about that.

I don’t know if you have a mental illness. I do sense that you are intense, have a vivid imagination and you over-think. Does that make you crazy? Not necessarily. But the important thing is that you are bothered by the things that bother you.

If you could calm yourself and live more comfortably in your own skin, you would have figured it out already. You haven’t. For that reason, I hope you will see a therapist for an evaluation. I don’t know whether doing so will give you reassurance that you are a normally abnormal person or will suggest treatment. Either way, you will have new information to work with.

Am I Delusional?