Home » Disorders » Depression » Depression for 5 Months

Depression for 5 Months

I’m so tired of my depression I tried to help myself a lot but I failed it’s just getting worse and the worst thing is that I don’t know the reason of my depression. I push everyone away but at some point I stop because I think it’s impolite and I’m afraid to lose them. It’s just their presence is so overwhelming that I may yell at them to leave me alone and that makes me feel so guilty. I think of suicide a lot and I know I don’t have the courage to do it so please help me I don’t know what to do. (From Egypt)

Depression for 5 Months

A.

I appreciate the courage it takes for you to talk about these feelings. Thank you for taking the time to write us. You describe yourself in your profile that came with your email as a 3rd year graduate student. I’d highly encourage you to connect with the counseling department at your university. They have therapists that can help with the depressed moods, and can make an assessment about your need for antidepressants. They can help you figure out the cause, and more importantly, the solution for these dark feelings.

Depression for 5 Months