Home » Disorders » ADHD » Forgetfulness of Home Address

Forgetfulness of Home Address

From Pakistan: Hello. I need to ask I sometimes totally forget closest route to my home where I have been living since a decade. Is it something normal or its something very alarming ? It feels embarrassing but I feel it can be fixed.

Forgetfulness of Home Address

A.

Although this is annoying, it may not be a symptom of a psychological problem. Sometimes taking a very familiar route allows a person to focus on something they are thinking about instead of thinking about exactly where they are going. They count on the routine to get them home, while they think deep thoughts or enjoy something in their imagination. If that is the case with you, then don’t worry about it.

Another reason people “forget” the way home is that they don’t really want to go there. In that case, you need to try to change your situation.

Or it might be something else. Those are my only guesses since I have such limited information.

Forgetfulness of Home Address