Home » I’m Trying to Find a Term or Something that Goes with This

I’m Trying to Find a Term or Something that Goes with This

Is there a term or something for this? I have been suicidal for about 4 yrs now, and when i get close to doing it, I get this random emotional high. It’s an unhealthy high that drains my energy and I end up even worse than before. I feel like it’s my body’s natural coping mechanism or attempt to stop me from doing it.

A.

What you may be describing is adrenaline. Adrenaline is a hormone that is produced during stressful situations. It is the major hormone involved in the fight-or-flight reaction associated with dangerous circumstances. It’s likely your body’s response to your putting yourself in dangerous situations.

The fact that you have been suicidal for years is concerning. You didn’t include any information about what might be wrong. People who are suicidal often have depression or are struggling with some other problem that is causing them to want to die. It is not normal to want to die. Counseling is a very effective treatment for depression and other psychological problems. Treatment could help you immensely.

I hope that you will strongly consider seeking treatment. Should you get to the point where you are considering suicide, call for help. Emergency services will protect you from harming yourself. Call 911 or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. Please take care.