Home » Ask the Therapist » Help Figuring Out Why She Won’t Commit

Help Figuring Out Why She Won’t Commit

My girlfriend and I broke up for a few weeks, during this time she started sleeping with another man. However, she has slept with me several times as well. She says she loves me and wants to be with me but she. This other guy is living with her and she says they are just friends and yes they have sex, but she claims it’s just sex. Why does she want to keep hurting me? And saying she loves me and wants to be with me, yet continues to sleep with another man?

Help Figuring Out Why She Won’t Commit

A.

She isn’t hurting you — you’re hurting yourself by staying in this relationship. She is living with the other guy and sleeping with you both. You don’t have to look deeper than this. Her circumstances are as clear as can be. She isn’t committed to you. If she was, her actions would be different. Saying she loves you and wants to be with you while living and having sex with another man isn’t something that endorses her loyalty and commitment. It’s time to move on.

Help Figuring Out Why She Won’t Commit