Home » My Husband Is Acting Bizarre After a Stroke

My Husband Is Acting Bizarre After a Stroke

My husband recently had a stroke but he is acting bizarre. Not only does he not communicate but he is acting very strange and has very strange behaviors.

A.

There can be many emotional and behavioral changes after a stroke. Personality change is one of the most common differences noticed by caregivers of stroke victims. Many caregivers describe their loved one as being completely different than before the stroke. It’s important that he is evaluated by a physician who can examine his symptoms. Treatment might help.

I would also recommend that you join a support group for caregivers of stroke victims. It can be difficult to come to terms with the many changes that can occur after a stroke. It is common for caregivers to feel emotionally distressed in these circumstances. It would good for you to have people to talk to who are in a similar situation. They will understand what you’re going through and help to ease your distress. Please take care.