Home » Ask the Therapist » Relationships » Sexuality » Childhood Sexual Abuse & Defecation Problems

Childhood Sexual Abuse & Defecation Problems

I am a survivor of childhood sexual abuse. I already completed Cognitive Behavioral Therapy however I am still having issues with the feeling I get when defecating and when I have to defecate. I get uncontrollable anxiety and no one has told me how to deal with it. How do I deal with this issue? (From Japan)

A.

My guess is that the abuse may be directly related to this issue. I’d strongly encourage you to get some therapy from someone who specializes in sexual abuse. This should complement the CBT work you’ve already done.