Home » I Feel Like Nothing Is Worth It Anymore

I Feel Like Nothing Is Worth It Anymore

Hi, I’ve been struggling with social anxiety and depression for a while now but lately it’s become unbearable. I feel like life isn’t worth it anymore. I have no interests or dreams. Even the few things that I once use to like seem pointless now. I’m in college but I don’t like what I’m doing and I feel like nothing could really interest me enough to major in. I just feel empty and life seems really meaningless. I do not know what to do about it and I don’t even feel the motivation to help myself. Even when I don’t feel anxious life is boring and dull. I’ve tried to get into something that could make me happy, but truly nothing is able to make me feel interest and motivation. (From Romania)

I Feel Like Nothing Is Worth It Anymore

A.

Yet, with all of these feelings you’ve taken the time to write us here at Psych Central to get help — the very thing you say you don’t feel the motivation for. So lets address the part of you that believes your feelings and thoughts and behaviors can change: The part of you that wrote the email. Because that part of you has hope that someone — something — can help you.

Since you are in college, I would highly recommend you talk to your university’s counselors. They are trained specifically in working with new students who may be feeling disconnected and sad. The cost of the therapy to students is either low or no cost. This would be a safe place to explore your feelings and get a more positive direction in your life.

I Feel Like Nothing Is Worth It Anymore