Home » Disorders » OCD » Sensorimotor OCD

Sensorimotor OCD

I have sensorimotor OCD where I consciously think about my blinking. It is absolutely destroying my whole life. It causes me to pause my thinking hundreds if not thousands of times per day in order to blink. I need as much help as I can. I’ve struggled to find much information on this topic via research. I need more information on this issue and how to solve it. It would change my life forever if I could solve this.

Sensorimotor OCD

A.

Thank you for your question. There is a treatment for this type of OCD. Here is an article about Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) that can give you the basics. I would use the “Find help” tab at the top of this page to find someone in your area that specializes in this type of OCD treatment.

Sensorimotor OCD