Home » How Do I Tell My Spouse the Truth?

How Do I Tell My Spouse the Truth?

From the U.S.: I have been having mental issues after I lost my job in 2007 I feel useless and worthless because I can not provide for my family. Instead of telling my wife the truth my answer to how are you doing is always fine. What is the best way to tell her the truth that I am depressed and fight bad thoughts many times a week or who would be the best type of person to tell her if I still can not.

How Do I Tell My Spouse the Truth?

A.

Take a deep breath and just tell her. Or show her your letter to us. She needs to know the truth. You need to get it off your chest.

It’s highly likely that your wife would rather know now what is going on with you than to later find out that you didn’t turn to her when you needed to. Once she knows the truth, the two of you can work together as a team to find you the support you need to get another job and to contribute to your family in other meaningful ways in the meantime.

Thanks

How Do I Tell My Spouse the Truth?