Home » Ask the Therapist » Why Do I Have a Shivering Shaking Body?

Why Do I Have a Shivering Shaking Body?

Whenever I face people i start shiver/shake my hands cant even write or press button its very humiliating.

Why Do I Have a Shivering Shaking Body?

A.

You might be describing social anxiety or fear of public speaking. Sometimes people feel nervous when they are in front of people, especially in cases where they have to give a speech. Many people are fearful of public speaking. In many surveys, it ranks as the number one fear. People often fear public speaking more than death.

When it comes to public speaking, don’t expect to be perfect. Much of the fear of public speaking comes from people putting too much pressure on themselves to be experts or to be perfect. Having unrealistic expectations will only increase your fear. Having realistic expectations and being sincere are two qualities that should decrease your fear of public speaking. Be yourself. You can’t be anything more than yourself, so don’t try to be someone or something else.

I don’t know what kinds of services are available to you in your country, but if it’s possible to work with a therapist you should do it. He or she can help you feel less nervous in front of people. If you would like to write back and provide more information about your problem, I might be able to give you a more complete answer. Please take care.

Why Do I Have a Shivering Shaking Body?