Home » Rehabilitation Inmates

Rehabilitation Inmates

Hello, I was thinking about the best way for prisoners to rehabilitate while serving time, and I thought seeing a therapist one week and group therapy another week would be a good idea. Do you agree? Is it ok if it’s different psychologists or should it have to be the same person both times? (From Argentina)

Rehabilitation Inmates

A.

Excellent question. I’d recommend an assessment initially to determine if an inmate is ready to use individual therapy as part of their rehabilitation. I do not think it is a good idea for everyone to be offered it — but rather selectively using it to help those who will benefit most from it most. As far as group therapy is concerned I would only offer this to those who have done well in individual therapy. This will maximize the their use of group to re-enter society.

Rehabilitation Inmates