Home » Disorders » Depression » Is the Mood Tracker Enough Reason to Look for Professional Help?

Is the Mood Tracker Enough Reason to Look for Professional Help?

From El Salvador: Hi, im 26 years old, last year i graduated from college and started working in a small company, since the end of last year i’ve been having a tough time with how i feel.

I always end up feeling like im not enough, in my job, for my family, and specially for the people that are close to me. Since March of this year i’ve been doing the Mood tracker quiz of psychcentral almoste every day. It always shows depressed as a significant mood or a mood of concern, the lowest score being 20 one day. I have not been diagnosed with depression or any other dissorder. Is the mood tracker enough reason to look for professional help? Will i be diagnosed with depression?

Thank you for your help.

A.

The simple answer to your question is “no.” Repeatedly doing the same quiz can result in answers that are influenced by your own projections. But — (this is a big “but”) the fact that you are constantly checking yourself tells me that you already know that you do need to see a professional for a professional evaluation.

I can’t make a diagnosis on the basis of a letter. I can tell you that it is possible you are depressed. But it’s also possible that you have issues of self-esteem; that you have expectations for yourself that you are afraid you can’t reach or that there are family expectations that you are conflicted about reaching — to name only a few possibilities. A mental health counselor can help you sort out your issues and decide what kind of support and encouragement would be helpful.