Home » I Hear Voices and Talk to Myself a Lot

I Hear Voices and Talk to Myself a Lot

I hear voices in my head that I spend a lot of time talking to Like if im in the kitchen they will be like : ‘Take that knife’ ‘cut yourself’ ‘your blood tastes better than this food’ ‘If you want to stop hearing us you should kill yourself that’s the only way’ I self harmed before because they told me to do so and now I am finding it hard to ignore them. I don’t know if i should see a therapist in real life.

I Hear Voices and Talk to Myself a Lot

A.

Yes, you should consult a therapist. He or she could help you eliminate these voices. They could stem from depression or from another mental illness. The therapist will help you to determine what’s wrong and design a treatment plan to fix the problem.

The therapist might also refer you to a psychiatrist. A psychiatrist is a medical doctor who has specialized training to treat mental illnesses with medication. He or she can determine if medication would be helpful for your symptoms. Medication is often helpful for these types of symptoms.

In the meantime, if the voices become overwhelming or if you believe that you might harm yourself, call emergency services or go to the emergency room. The emergency services staff can provide immediate treatment and keep you safe.

You have a highly treatable symptom, and I hope you will strongly consider seeking mental health treatment. Both therapy and medication have the potential to cure the voices. Please take care.

I Hear Voices and Talk to Myself a Lot