Home » Ask the Therapist » Same-Sex Attraction & My Marriage

Same-Sex Attraction & My Marriage

Hello, I would like to know that is it normal to have sexual attraction to women while I am female and I am in relationship with men?
in other words, having strong feeling to a girl and imagination to having sex with her consider abnormal attraction? Do I need to ignore this attraction and still be in relationship with my man? Am I successful in marriage with him?

Same-Sex Attraction & My Marriage

A.

It’s not abnormal in the American culture to have sexual attraction to both sexes, but it might be different in your culture. A recent survey, conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, found that 5.5% of women regarded themselves as bisexual.

Even if people are attracted to members of the same sex, it doesn’t mean that they will engage in same-sex contact. If your attraction is overwhelming, then it may interfere with your marriage. The main question would be: is it impacting your marriage? If the answer is no, then it’s not likely going to be a problem. If you have additional questions, please don’t hesitate to write again. Please take care.

Same-Sex Attraction & My Marriage