Home » Am I just Making Myself Feel like This?

Am I just Making Myself Feel like This?

From Ireland: I’m 19 and female. For about 3 years now, I’ve had moments where I’ve been up and I’ve been down. I’ve gone from feeling like I’m having a constant adrenaline rush to just feeling empty and like the world’s dull. They last however long they do and when they’re over I feel fine. My life returns to normal.

I don’t care anymore about what they could be, I’m just so confused over whether or not I’m making myself feel like this. Every time I feel like it could be starting all over again, I think to myself, “Are you doing this?” I don’t know if what I feel is real or not anymore. What if I’m putting it on subconsciously for attention? What if I’m just overthinking everything and making it bigger than it is?

No one else notices, so that must mean it’s not real, right? I’m doing this to myself and I hate it. No matter how much I try to stop it, it doesn’t work. I just keep getting back to this point. What do I do? Thanks.

Am I just Making Myself Feel like This?

A.

Ideally, what you should do is talk to a mental health counselor. You’ve been going in circles about this for 3 years. If you could exit the cycle on your own, you would have done so by now. Even if you are “doing it to yourself” there is probably a good reason for it that deserves attention. Please take care of yourself and look into having a few sessions with someone who can help you extricate yourself from this dilemma.

Am I just Making Myself Feel like This?