Home » Feeling the Need to Be Restrained

Feeling the Need to Be Restrained

Lately I have been having thoughts that I need to be restrained. The idea of being in a straightjacket is not only calming but something I am seeking out on a daily basis. I am afraid to go to the hospital that they will not restrain me but I need to be restrained in a physical way. I have been wrapping myself tightly in a blanket but its losing its ability to make me restrained. What should I do? Why am I feeling like this?

Feeling the Need to Be Restrained

A.

I would need more information to know why you feel the way you do. I’d want to know when you first noticed your interest in restraints. Was it associated with any particular event? Is it sexual in nature? Are you viewing materials that are reinforcing your desire to be restrained?

There are people who like to be restrained during sex but they know that it would be highly inappropriate to practice their sexual behavior outside the bedroom. The fact that you are considering going to the hospital to be restrained would suggest that you may be on the verge of losing control. It would be inappropriate to go to the hospital to be restrained.

To the best of my knowledge, straightjackets are no longer used in hospitals. Once hospitalized, in a psychiatric ward, you may be held against your will.

This problem can be best addressed in counseling. In counseling, you can explore what’s motivating your behavior and find alternative outlets that don’t involve being admitted into a hospital. Most importantly, you can prevent yourself from doing something you might later regret. Please take care.

Feeling the Need to Be Restrained