Home » I Can’t Stop Imagining Things

I Can’t Stop Imagining Things

Hi, I started to imagining things when I was around 11 or 12,and it is out of control for many years. It is difficult to fell asleep and it affected my daily life.I CONSTANTLY imagining about everything, I imagine I talk to my friends about what happened, when I watch tv shows or movie, I will imagine the scenario I want, sometimes it is worst because I can pause the movie just to stand up and imagine. When I imagine things, I can’t help myself from walking around. I also imagine the life I want, the things I want but i don’t have right now, I imagine the personalities I want but I am not that kind of person in real life. Every morning, the moment I open my eyes, my brain will work immediately and it automatically start to imagine things. I have a very very terrible memory and I can’t focus on something, and it really bother me so much because I am a student but I can’t think properly, I can’t memorize things and I can’t focus on what I read or what the lecturer say in class, I find it very difficult to understand something. Please help me. Thank you very much. (From Malaysia)

I Can’t Stop Imagining Things

A.

I wouldn’t pathologize your active imagination. Instead, I would add to your ability by learning how to improve your memory and focusing. Your university is likely to have people who can help you with developing these study skills. It sounds to me like your imagination is more developed than these other skills. Once you bring them up to par you will have more control.

Dr. DanProof Positive Blog @ PsychCentral

I Can’t Stop Imagining Things