Home » Disorders » Depression » Is the Mood Tracker Enough Reason to Look for Professional Help?

Is the Mood Tracker Enough Reason to Look for Professional Help?

Hi, im 26 years old, last year i graduated from college and starter working in a small company, since the end of last year i’ve been having a tough time with how i feel.

I always end up feeling like im not enough, in my job, for my family, and specially for the people that are close to me. Since March of this year i’ve been doing the Mood tracker quiz of psychcentral almoste every day. It always shows depresion as a mood of concern, the lowest score being 20 one day. I have not been not diagnosed with depression or any other dissorder. Is the mood tracker enough reason to look for professional help? Will i be diagnosed with depression?

Thank you for your help.

A.

The mood tracker might not be an evidence-based diagnostic tool but it provides important information about how you feel day-to-day. Your frequent need to check your mood might suggest that something is wrong. You seem to be dissatisfied with aspects of your life. If so, that’s a good reason to seek help.

I would recommend counseling. It would be useful to explore why you think negative things about yourself. Depression, if that’s what you have, might be less emotional and, as some believe, more cognitive. In other words, you might be wrong about yourself and the world. If your thinking is skewed, so too will be your conclusions. It’s important to be correct in your thinking. Counseling could help you determine if your thinking is consistent with reality and correct it, if it isn’t.

Therapy has cured many people. Treatment works. If you are willing to participate in treatment you can expect a similar, positive outcome. Ask your primary care professional for a referral or try calling the 800 number on the back of your insurance card. Both can assist you in finding good therapists in your community. Please take care.