Home » Disorders » Depression » Diagnosed with Depression and Anxiety But New Problems Are Arising that I’m Not Familiar With

Diagnosed with Depression and Anxiety But New Problems Are Arising that I’m Not Familiar With

Lately I’ve been having mood swings where I’ll get really hyped and confident and encouraging and then I’ll get angry and whenever my boyfriend says to calm down it’s like a switch and it’s as if I never felt anything to begin with. At any other point I’m either at a low point or feeling normal/stressed.

I’ve been having out of body experiences every now and then, maybe once a month, sometimes with the genuine belief that I’m dead and then I have to check behind me to make sure I didn’t leave my body behind.

I have grainy vision, like a constant overlay of t.v. static. Sometimes I’ll being doing something normal and the lights get so bright that all I can see is white for a second, then everything is normal. My vision sways. Like the the way a flag moves in the wind. Not all the time, just every now and then. Sometimes I feel fake. Recently I’ve been seeing these random “images” of myself that are really in my head, I guess kind of like an out of body experience.

Sometimes I’m unaware of certain body parts even though I’m looking right at them. Like I can’t feel my foot but I’ll watch it move and It’s as if my mind isn’t processing that my foot is in fact, MY foot.

Since I was little I’ve seen “shadow figures”.My thoughts often uncontrollably repeat themselves. I often feel as if I’m on fast forward or in slow motion. Behind both of those feelings there’s always the thought that I’m running out of time, even if there’s no specific time anything needs to be done. Sometimes I feel like the air is too heavy. I don’t know if any of this is normal. Maybe you can give me some sort of idea on what it might be? Sorry this is so long. Also don’t know if this is significant but all of last year I was smoking marijuana almost all day every day. I haven’t smoked in almost 8 months.

A.

Thank you for writing us about these uncomfortable feelings. It sounds like more than depression may be happening. Since you had the diagnosis by a qualified professional I would encourage you to return that person and let them know that you are having these symptoms. Ultimately, I would recommend interviewing with a psychiatrist, neurologist, or clinical psychologist. These professionals often have various means of evaluating a collection of symptoms and, more importantly, can make recommendations for treatment.