Home » Ask the Therapist » Parenting » Senior Parents with Marital Conflict

Senior Parents with Marital Conflict

Hello, how can I help my parents (in their 70s) who are experiencing trust issues and marital frustration? They are both in good mental health. Thank You for your consideration.

Senior Parents with Marital Conflict

A.

What you’ll want to do is make an appointment with a family therapist in your area. Make an appointment for all three of you and let the therapist know what the meeting is about. Having a discussion in front of a third party with a family can be very helpful. Here is a link to an organization that is well-known and can help you find someone in your area. My guess is they wouldn’t go on their own initially, but if you can go with them and help to explain the issue it may help. If they are willing to go on their own that would be even better. You can find a couples therapist on the same link.

Senior Parents with Marital Conflict