Home » I Feel Inhuman

I Feel Inhuman

This has been a problem for awhile now. But anyway, i feel like an outsider, like I’m no use to anyone or that I’m inhuman. I have a hard time in certain situations and have been told I’m extremely hard on myself. An example would be just today, i was in my friends car and everyone was having a great time, listening to music loud and talking, but i just sat there. I felt sad and alone, even if i was being talked to. I’ve also noticed I have these really crazy dreams where it seems that they always end in nightmares or scaring me awake for a moment. They also connect from the night before. Or at least I think. I don’t really know what exactly the problem is, as i have done research and lists of things have come up, but none really seem to fit. I’d like to know if i actually have an issue or if it is something i should just move on from. Thank you.

I Feel Inhuman

A.

Thank you for writing us. Don’t be too hard on yourself that you have done some research on the Internet and haven’t been able to find an accurate label for what you’re experiencing. Remember, people study for many years in school in order to understand how to identify symptoms and recommend treatment.

At 15 years old I’d encourage you to ask your parents to have you talk to the psychologist or psychiatrist. These professionals are trained in listening to the different concerns a person has and identifying a diagnosis that best fits. This can then lead to recommended treatment interventions. Getting a professional opinion is the wise thing to do.

I Feel Inhuman