Home » My Urge to Kill Many Grows in Leaps and Bounds, Getting Harder to Resist

My Urge to Kill Many Grows in Leaps and Bounds, Getting Harder to Resist

I’ve had many issues throughout my life, but the constant thought that always returns is wanting to murder. I’ve been able to hold back for years but I’m to the point I don’t think I can restrain much longer. I lost most of my friends and my family doesn’t do much for me they also degrade me. I’m asking for some feedback or help to control what is causing this urge to be so strong.

A.

The fact that you want to stop these thoughts and that you know they are becoming a problem is an important sign. It takes a great deal of courage to ask for help and it brave of you to have written about this and ask for help. This discomfort is coming from that part of you that knows these feelings and impulses aren’t healthy.

You’ve taken an important step by writing us here. It is time to take the next one and make an appointment with a psychiatrist or psychologist. He or she can do in an evaluation that will help you understand more about these thoughts and ways they can be managed. Speaking face-to-face with someone as soon as possible is the next right thing. Knowing you need help is the first step — take the next one and talk face-to-face with someone who can help. The find help tab at the top of this page can help you find someone in your area.