Home » Something Is Controlling Me

Something Is Controlling Me

I have a therapist, but it doesn’t do any good, because something is controlling what I can say during my therapy sessions. If I need to talk about something, then that is the thing I am unable to talk about. I really want to talk about it, but something controls and stops me from being able to. I can’t even discuss this problem with him. It isn’t a trust issue or an issue with my therapist. It is something that is controlling me. Is this something because of my mental illness? Should I even bother going back for another session? How can I make it stop? I am really discouraged and starting to feel like there is no hope for me.

Something Is Controlling Me

A.

Have you told your therapist about your belief that something is controlling you? If not, you should inform your therapist. It is a necessary precursor to solving this problem. Withholding important information about your state of mind, from your therapist, significantly limits his or her ability to help you.

You said that you had a mental illness but did not say which one. The belief that something is controlling you might be paranoia or a delusion. Those symptoms are associated with psychotic disorders. They might also be the result of trauma, an extreme stress response or possibly side effects of drug or alcohol abuse.

You might try giving this letter to your therapist. It could explain why you’re struggling in therapy. Your therapist might recommend consulting a psychiatrist to determine if medication would be helpful. Being honest with your therapist, and perhaps also working with a psychiatrist, will likely help to solve this problem. Please take care.

Something Is Controlling Me