Home » Physical Harassment

Physical Harassment

From India: My parents have subjected me to physical harassment ever since I can remember. They tell me they love me and care about me but they continue to do so. I’m about to enter college and this hasn’t stopped. What makes it worse is that I am a girl. I was dealing with it until the other day my mom pulled me by my shirt almost that I choked and led me to my room where my dad was present. I tried to escape but my dad pulled me by my legs several times that my body aches still. I tried to get out but he tried to remove my clothes all while my mom was still present. I don’t understand what to do. There is no one in my house who still loves me anymore. I stopped eating and no one even came to check on me. I did have suicidal thoughts before but then I realized it’s my life and I can’t let other people control me. I don’t understand what triggered the outburst. I was in my room just doing my own thing. This has to stop. I am just like any other human and feel that I deserve love. Have a sibling and I love him. But this whole thing has put me in a bad light. I desperately want to leave the house but I’m not an adult and do not have the financial requirements. After a few days I am sure my parents will come and console me but nothing will ever erase this whole situation, which I’m sure ill never, forget. It’s becoming increasingly hard to live in this place. I don’t have that many friends either. I don’t think this will ever stop. No one believes that my parents are wrong. There was a time when I would silently take all the beatings. But now that I’m older I started to hit back. I deeply regret it but I don’t want anyone to think that they could get away with tormenting me. I’d hate to grow up and be such a bad example to my kids. This year wasn’t that great in terms of my grades and that caused my parents to resent me even more.

Physical Harassment

A.

The work for you is to get out of your home, if you are not out already. You identified yourself as being in a university. This is good — not just for the personal growth possible — but also to get away from a highly dysfunctional home. I would also recommend you use your counseling services at the university. They can help you recover from the effect of being with your parents.

Physical Harassment