Home » Disorders » Sleep » I Don’t Want to Sleep

I Don’t Want to Sleep

I’m very confused as to what this means. Recently, even when I am exhausted, I have not wanted to fall asleep. It’s not that I can’t fall asleep, as when I do decide to sleep, I fall asleep very quickly. It has been bothering me, and I would like you opinion. What does it mean, when you are completely exhausted, but have no desire to go to sleep? I have searched everywhere, and no one seems to have posted something regarding this issue. Please answer, it is effecting my school work.

Other symptoms I have (for a better reference of me): Depression, and suicidal thoughts.

I Don’t Want to Sleep

A.

┬áThere are times when people are exhausted and can’t fall asleep. This can happen for a various reasons, including anxiety. When people worry, it can keep them from sleeping.

I’m also not sure what exactly you mean by “having no desire to go to sleep.” Is this because you have a lot of energy and you wish to stay up? Are you engrossed in a television program and this is why you don’t want to go to sleep? What is it that you’re doing instead of sleeping?

When people are exhausted but don’t want to go to sleep, it may be because they want to do something. I would need more information about you to properly answer your question.

I’m also curious as to whether you take medication and if this could be impacting your sleep. Other variables that could impact your sleep include how much activity you engage in throughout the day, how much caffeine you drink and at what times, how much time you spend on screens, among other things. These could be impacting your desire to sleep.

Your depression and suicidal thoughts are also concerning. It’s imperative that you discuss this problem with your parents and ask for their assistance in seeking professional help. There is no shame in seeking professional help. Most mental health problems are highly treatable but you must be willing to ask for help in order to receive it. Please take care.

I Don’t Want to Sleep