Home » Disorders » Eating Disorders » Is It an Eating Disorder?

Is It an Eating Disorder?

From Egypt: Hey, I have been dealing with a problem lately which is making myself throw up. I have done in the past years but not quite often or regularly. I would either do it for a straight week or stop doing it for 3 months, or I would just do it occasionally. During the past 3 or 2 months I have started doing it regularly, I began feeling terribly guilty after eating and I felt way better after making myself throw up but, I don’t binge eat before it or anything, I eat normally. It started from doing it 4 times in a week to doing it 4 or 3 times in one day. I am really scared that my parents might find out so is there anything that might happen in the short term that might result in them knowing? I also had a long history with depression and self-harm if that is related or something.
Thank you.

Is It an Eating Disorder?

A.

While diagnosing an eating disorder will be up to the physician or psychologist, I would say that your symptoms deserve the attention of a professional. Whatever it is the purging is not normal and a medical examination would be the first thing I’d recommend. The physician can help you learn more about what is going on, and more importantly, how to treat it.

Is It an Eating Disorder?