Home » Disorders » Sleep » I Have Goals/Dreams But No Directions or Ideas to Get There

I Have Goals/Dreams But No Directions or Ideas to Get There

Not sure where to start to be honest, I’ll try my best. 8th grade and before: I wanted to become a mechanic and have my own shop since I’m good at that and am interested in that field. I now would be in 11th grade. I quit school, trying for me GED soon. Waiting to hear if I get help for money soon. I no longer know what I want to do since I want to live a better life: Nice house, car or two, eating organic, have a social life, etc. I want to talk to girls make friends and am social but I like phobic. I don’t have much help from anyone. Currently live with my mom and brother but in an eyesore of a neighborhood, low-end public housing and have no vehicle or jobs. I also want to live more of a free life instead of working most of my days. I feel as if I need a plan because I feel lost. I’ve had therapists but never felt like I had true help, I don’t need medications I would benefit from a life coach most likely. I don’t know what career path I want to take. I know I want to be happy doing it, have a lot of free time to enjoy life, have enough money to have the life I want. Maybe I could have my own business but nothing really interests me. I don’t want to go to college all that much, I don’t have money as it is nor want any more debt than I already have. Since a young age I always wanted to be famous, but of course I have terrible anxiety and am not good at talking to people or being in front of crowds. I know there’s nothing to be afraid of but still get the fears. Also I’m stressed out with this but also with my mom who is a smoker and heavy soda drinker my father is doing some time and recovering from drug addiction. A lot of family is like this. I want my parents to be around awhile so I can afford to give them the life they never had or never gave my younger brother and me. My relationship with my brother and mother isn’t good either. I don’t have any friends or girlfriend.to sum it up I is very different than the rest of my generation and need guidance. In advance, Thanks for the help.

A.

“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you’ve imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau

I don’t think I could say it better than Thoreau. You have a strong sense of what you want and I would keep moving toward those dreams. They are healthy and normal and good. Keep imagining what you want and finding ways to make it happen.

As far as therapy goes, I would try group therapy for teens in your area. Here is an organization that may be able to help you find someone close by. The group can give you support as you go confidently in the right direction.