Home » Disorders » Bipolar Disorder » Bipolar No Meds Or Therapy

Bipolar No Meds Or Therapy

My daughters boyfriend is 28 has bipolar, was on medication 4 years ago but has refused medication and therapy since. She has three children and he is living with them for the past five months and doesn’t come home 3 or 4 nights a week. He has 12 felony convictions so the only job he can find is renting boats and jetskis on the beach. I worried for my daughter and grandkids. She is so in love she thinks her love is all they need (she is 33). Am I just being paranoid or could this possibly be a dangerous situation for our family?

Bipolar No Meds Or Therapy

A.

It must be very difficult for you to watch your daughter in such a precarious position. Twelve felony convictions by the time he is 33, and being at home as much as he is away is a lot to change.

For right now, be present in your daughter’s life and your grandchildren’s as much as you can. Protect yourself and don’t over-extend your generosity. Your daughter may have to learn the hard way that love isn’t enough.

Bipolar No Meds Or Therapy