Home » I Don’t Know What’s Going on with Me

I Don’t Know What’s Going on with Me

So recently, I’ve been having a lot of intrusive thoughts. It started when I started having thoughts about suicide, but that ended quickly, and didn’t bother me as much. Then I began to fear that I would end up hurting my mother after reading it was one of the symptoms of OCD. Now, for some reason, my mind thinks everything is somehow a threat to me. Like recently, I was watching an Asian YouTuber, and all of the sudden my mind went, “Oh, it’s an Asian guy. You should hate him.” But I don’t really know why? But now I feel as if I should avoid anything that has to do with Asians, like the games and the things they’ve invented. Though I really don’t know why. These are feelings and thoughts I can’t seem to get rid of and it’s really scary. Is this anxiety? Depression? Panic attacks? All I know is all this started when I started getting intrusive thoughts when a kid was talking about suicide and I started thinking about it too. Almost obsessing over it. It’s something that I can’t really get rid of no matter how hard I try. I don’t like these thoughts because I know none of the things my brain is telling me to fear/get irritated by/hate is going to harm me, so why do I feel this way about certain things for no absolute reason? I feel tired all the time, my head feels heavy, I have trouble concentrating. I’ve been told I have iron deficiency. Could that be the cause of it? But I have been taking pills but it doesn’t quite seem to be helping with my mental state. Please help and try to get back ASAP.

I Don’t Know What’s Going on with Me

A.

It’s possible that you have an anxiety disorder such as obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). That might explain your intrusive thoughts and your constant worrying. Depression might also be a factor. It could explain why you feel tired and have trouble concentrating.

You mentioned “taking pills.” I’m wondering what type of medication you are taking. Did you mean medication to treat your iron deficiency? I am assuming it means that you are in treatment with a medical professional. It’s important that you report these symptoms to your prescribing physician. He or she needs to be aware that these “pills” are not yet helping. It may be that a medication adjustment is necessary.

You’re a good candidate for counseling. It is an effective treatment for both depression and anxiety. Start by discussing these issues with your prescribing physician and request counseling. It might be the missing element of your current treatment protocol. Please take care.

I Don’t Know What’s Going on with Me