Home » Career and Emotional Conflict

Career and Emotional Conflict

I am a single woman who has been in the same career for over 12 years now and I am starting to feel stuck and unhappy. When I first started as a high school math teacher, I was motivated and very young. Now that I am older, I am bored and want to either switch my career or find a new avenue to work. I started grad school 4 months ago but haven’t found fulfillment or happiness in it either. I recently dropped out of grad school to re-examine what it is that I want to do but I find that the more I think about this, the more I feel stressed, unhappy and mentally and emotionally drained. I am beginning to lose interest in my job and I do not have enough money in my savings to take a vacation or stop working. I feel my stress is building and so is my unhappiness. I have also begun to add to my unhappiness as a snowball effect and am questioning if I’ll ever get married or have children. I have been dating a lot and have many admirers but this stress has overwhelmed me so much that I cannot find happiness in dating or a relationship as I used to.

I need help on deciding what to do or where to find answers again. I feel unbalanced and I am not happy in my life right now.

Career and Emotional Conflict

A.

It is time to start pushing yourself to have some new experiences with new people. Engaging with new classes, taking part in groups like Meetup are a way to start connecting with others to pull you out of this funk.

If you are looking for therapy I would consider group psychotherapy as it can provide you with some direct understanding of the ways to improve your interactions with others.

Career and Emotional Conflict