Home » I Feel like I Am Having Obstruction with Thought Processing

I Feel like I Am Having Obstruction with Thought Processing

From India: hi the reason i am here is that i am having problem with information processing in my mind. I feel like it looses control while i try to think, even if i try to talk words don’t come freely to my mind as if i am forcing it. There is always a feel of uneasiness in my head. Recently i have gone through psycho analysis with my therapist, According to that report there is nothing unusual, my attention, IQ, reasoning and other factors are average except the speed of my brain which is above average and only 5% have such speed out of all the people who took the test. Please let me know what type of issue i am having? what help i can seek with my therapist?

A.

Thank you for writing. I encourage you to talk about this some more with your therapist. You didn’t mention whether this is a recent problem or if it has been life-long.

If it is recent, you might benefit from seeing your doctor. Sometimes there is an undiagnosed medical condition that explains loss of concentration and focus.

But if this is a long-standing problem, you might benefit from having an evaluation for a learning difference like Attention Deficit Disorder.

I don’t have enough information to offer you more than that. But you do have a therapist who knows you. Please pursue the issue with him.