Home » ADHD » Son Calling Ex’s Boyfriend Daddy

Son Calling Ex’s Boyfriend Daddy

My son is calling my ex’s boyfriend “daddy.” This man has not even been in his life a year. She also has a habit of getting with people very fast and moving them in. She has moved in several other men before me and had already moved this particular guy in not even a month after they started dating. I am fully involved in my sons life and do not approve of him calling another man dad. What is the protocol in this type of situation? I think it is very inappropriate especially since I am involved. And this man also pays me no respect. He won’t even acknowledge my presence or ven give me the time of day. And my ex is telling my two year old to call this man daddy. It seems as if my son even feels funny about it because he won’t do it in front of me. Help please.

Son Calling Ex’s Boyfriend Daddy

A.

There are times when the psychological issues are best dealt with legally. By almost every measure your ex is doing all the wrong things when it comes to your son’s exposure to a dating partner. I would check the legal recourse you have in this situation because if she is making these poor decisions (having someone move in within a month after a string of others — having your son call the latest one “daddy”) then a legal avenue might be the only one that can bring about change. Your lawyer can help you find ways to exercise your rights under this type of situation, which may also be the best way to manage psychologically.

Son Calling Ex’s Boyfriend Daddy