Home » Disorders » Schizophrenia » Paranoid about Someone Reading My Mind and Putting Thoughts in My Mind

Paranoid about Someone Reading My Mind and Putting Thoughts in My Mind

Im paranoid about ghosts or deceaseds ones reading my mind im scared they are judging me. These thoughts wont go away and they are driving me crazy. im scared they are putting these thoughts in my mind because they are out to get me and giving me a warning. Because of this I can never function properly im never happy anymore and I just want these thoughts to go away and I just want to be happy again. Ive had thoughts of killing myself so this pain will stop. i never want to reach out for help because i know nobody will understand. Please tell me why im having thoughts like this ive tried everything to get rid of it it never goes away. even when people say mind reading isnt possible I still continue to believe this. whats wrong with my head??

A.

You assume that people won’t understand but you could be wrong. Mental health professionals have specialized knowledge about these types of problems and can help you. But they can’t help you if you don’t ask for their help.

Go to your parents and tell them what’s wrong. You might even show them this letter. Ask them to take you to a mental health professional. If that doesn’t work, then ask for help from someone at your school like a teacher or the school guidance counselor. Any of those people can help you.

Keeping these problems a secret is a mistake. It will only make the situation worse. I can assure you that asking for help is the right choice because I have personally helped people with these kinds of problems get better. If you’re willing to ask for help, you should expect the same, positive outcome. Please take care.