Home » Relationships » Sexuality » Can You Tell Me if I Was Sexually Abused?

Can You Tell Me if I Was Sexually Abused?

From a 14 year old in the U.S.: When I was about four years old, my uncle lived with me and babysat me when we got out of school for a couple hours. He would take me into his room and make me take all the close off my bottom half and lay on his bed. He would then make me put a pillow over my face and proceed to touch me in my lower area.This lasted for several years. Was I sexually abused?

A.

Sadly, the answer is “yes”. This is sexual abuse of a child who didn’t understand what was happening and was probably very confused and scared. This should never, ever, happen to kids.

Please tell your parents what happened so they can help you find a mental health counselor to talk to. You may need some help sorting out the effects on you.

Your parents can also make sure your uncle is prevented from doing the same thing to other little children.