Home » Disorders » Schizophrenia » In Schizophrenia Treatment But It’s Not Working

In Schizophrenia Treatment But It’s Not Working

27 years old male. I am on Haloperidol currently 1 milligram daily treatment, seems not to work at all. I started the medication on 29 December 2015 1mg haloperidol still hearing the voices, I was Diagnosed by a General Practitioner last year of Schizophrenia its very difficult for me please assist and manage further please , I’m using public (government hospital) what can you suggest?

A.

It’s possible that you are not taking the correct dosage of medication or you need an additional medication or another medication altogether. You should report this information to your prescribing physician as soon as possible. He or she can make adjustments to your medicine.

It’s relatively common for people to need adjustments to their medications. What’s most important is that you provide detailed feedback to your prescribing physician about these problems so they can be corrected. Without that information, he or she won’t know anything is wrong or that adjustments are needed. I hope this helps. Please take care.